The University of Economics in Bratislava has gone through many milestones that also contributed to the formation of the current image of the university.

 

 
2017

100 000 graduates

 
2015

75th anniversary of the establishment of the UE in Bratislava

 
2011

Establishing an excellent centre in economic research focused on civilization challenges in the 21st century

 
2010

70th anniversary of the establishment of the UE in Bratislava

 
2010

Establishing the Faculty of Applied Languages being the 7th Faculty of the UE in Bratislava

 
2008

Opening the Congress and Business Centre in the Assembly Hall of the UE in Bratislava

 
2005

65th anniversary of the establishment of the UE in Bratislava

 
2004 - 2005

Introducing three levels of education

Three levels of education (bachelor, engineering and doctoral) and all study programmes were adapted and accredited in accordance with the Bologna process system.

 
2002

Institutional evaluation by the European University Association

 
2001

Accreditation of study programmes – the University was given the right to award the titles of Associate Professor and Professor

 
2000

Establishment of the Faculty of International Relations being the 6th Faculty of the UE in Bratislava

 
2000

60th anniversary of the establishment of the UE in Bratislava

 
1996

Implementation of the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS)

 
1996

Establishment of the publishing house EKONÓM

 
1996

Opening the building Teaching 2 in the new campus

 
1993

Renaming the Central Economic Library to the Slovak Economic Library of the UE in Bratislava

 
1992

New name – The University of Economics in Bratislava

Transformation to the market economy did not bring a change just in the name of the university that year – naming it the University of Economics in Bratislava, but also fundamental changes in educational values and content and form of study as well

 
1992

College of Economics in Bratislava divided

The college was divided into the College of Economics in Bratislava and the College of Economics of Services and Tourism with seat in Banská Bystrica

 
1992

Establishment of the Faculty of Business Economics with seat in Košice

 
1991

Changing the name of the Faculty of Economics and Industry Management to the Faculty of Business Management and the Faculty of Management to the Faculty of Economic Informatics

 
1991

Introduction of a five-year study

 
1991

Opening the building Teaching 1 in the new campus

 
1989

The Fall of the Iron Curtain

The event was followed by the outset of political, economic and social changes in Slovakia which had influenced educational institutions including UEBA.

 
1981

Beginning of the construction of a new campus of the College of Economics in Bratislava-Petržalka

 
1977

Transforming the detached workplace of the Faculty of Commerce to the Faculty of Economics of Services and Tourism in Banská Bystrica

 
1975

The branch in Košice became the detached workplace of the Faculty of Management

 
1973

Establishing a detached workplace of the Faculty of Commerce in Banská Bystrica

 
1969

Establishing a detached workplace in Košice

 
1969

Dividing the Faculty of Sectoral Economics and subsequent establishment of the Faculty of Commerce and the Faculty of Economy and Industry Management

 
1968

Renaming the Faculty of Political Economics to the Faculty of National Economy and the Institute of National Economy Planning to the Faculty of Management

 
1968

Renaming the Research Institute to the Research Institute of the National Economy

 
1966

Student organization AIESEC started to function at the College of Economics in Bratislava

 
1964

Renaming the Research Cabinet to the Research Institute

 
1963

Acquiring publishing rights and establishment of the Editorial Centre

 
1962

Establishing cooperation with the School of Economics in Berlin and the Faculty of Economics at The Martin Luther University of Halle-Wittenberg

 
1960

Moving a part of the college to a new building in Odbojárov street in Bratislava that belonged to Comenius University

 
1959

Establishment of the Research Cabinet

 
1959

Establishing the Institute of National Economy Planning

 
1959

Renaming the Faculty of National Economy to the Faculty of Political Economy

 
1958

Establishment of the Faculty of National Economy and the Faculty of Sectoral Economics

 
1958

Closure of the Faculty of Internal Trade and Finances, the Faculty of General Economics and the Faculty of Production Economics

 
1953

Establishment of the Faculty of Internal Trade and Finances, the Faculty of General Economics and the Faculty of Production Economics

 
1953

Introducing part-time and long distance study

 
1953

New name the College of Economics in Bratislava was given

 
1949

New name the College of Economic Sciences in Bratislava was given

 
1948

Opening of the Central Library

 
1947

Handing in insignia and rector’s, vice-rector’s and graduation officer’s chain

 
1940

Establishing a private College of Commerce

The first college of its type in Slovakia. The aim was to prepare future professionals in commercial, industrial and bank spheres.