Exchange Students with specific needs
ERASMUS+ EXCHANGE STUDENTS WITH SPECIFIC NEEDS
One of new Erasmus+ Programme’s specific objective for the period 2021-2027 is the promotion of equal opportunities and access, inclusion, diversity and fairness across all its actions. Therefore, the new Erasmus Programme is more inclusive because it will aim to involve the participation of everyone, with budget costs expressly dedicated to the necessities of students with special needs (please consult the possibility to fund your mobility with your home University).
Students with specific needs (who are suffering from chronic diseases, allergies or disabilities) are warmly welcomed at the University of Economics in Bratislava.
Students with this type of health disability may apply for the status in the following categories:
- Visually impaired students
- Students with hearing impairment
- Students with the lower limbs disabilities,
- Students with the upper limbs disabilities,
- Students with chronic disease and impaired health,
- Students with learning disabilities,
- Students with autism spectrum disorders and other pervasive developmental disorders
- Students with mental illness
Below are step-by-step tips on what students with specific needs should do to complete their studies at our university in a safe and comfortable way.
- At first, you must complete all standard procedures for the qualification of studies under the Erasmus+ program at your University.
- If the nomination procedure is completed, please fill in the document Exchange students with specific needs and inform us at firstname.lastname@example.org of all your special needs as soon as possible (e.g., necessary visits to the specialists in Slovakia, sign language interpreters or special transport) if it is needed our University can provide you with a special room in the student dormitory (accessible for a wheelchair), or some special study materials (for students with visual impairment).
- It is very important for us to know your needs, to prepare and meet them, e.g., by checking the accessibility of EUBA buildings (in case of students with limbs disabilities), or by checking the scope of our disability services.
- You also need to remember that you can apply at your home University for a special Erasmus+ grant for students with specific needs.
- Please also do not forget to bring adequate health and accident insurance.
- In case of taking some medicines regularly, check at your doctor’s at home, the availability of your pills in Slovakia or bring a sufficient supply with you.
- If you need to use special medical devices, please remember the fact that we use 230 Volt electricity in Slovakia (sometimes you may need a “converter” or a “transformer”).
- For more information check the document Exchange students with specific needs which needs to be sent together with other application documents (more information here after your nomination.
Most premises and facilities of the University are fully or partially accommodated to the needs of students with specific needs, mostly all buildings entrance door opens automatically.
If you need assistance or further information, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com!