1. What should I do if I am interested in studying at the University of Economics in Bratislava (EUBA) as an Erasmus+ exchange student?

Students who wish to study at EUBA within the Erasmus+ framework must be officially nominated by their home university.

The departmental coordinator or the International Office of your home university are responsible for nominating students for exchange at EUBA. Please contact them for more information.

The official nomination of a foreign student must include:

  • Erasmus+ code of the sending university (applicable to EU, EEA, Switzerland and Turkey)
  • Full name
  • Gender
  • Nationality
  • Date of birth
  • E-mail address
  • Period of exchange (Summer/Winter)

The nomination must be submitted via e-mail to incoming@euba.sk by the following deadlines:

  • 15 May for the winter semester
  • 30 September for the summer semester

This nominating process is also applicable to students from other bilateral/partnership agreement programs.

2. What comes next if my home university has nominated me for exchange at EUBA?

As soon as your home university nominates you, our International Mobility Department will send you information regarding how to file an application.

You should fill out the application form which the receiving coordinator will send you. 

The deadlines are available on the main page for Incoming Students

3. Do I need to send my supporting documents to EUBA by post?

No. To facilitate the application process, the entire application will be conducted and reviewed digitally. It is therefore not necessary to send us any hard copies by mail.

4. How many credits should I obtain?

Please ask your home university how many credit points you have to gain during your stay at EUBA. Generally speaking, exchange students are expected to attend a full course load at the host university, i.e. 30 ECTS per semester. It is mandatory by EUBA to have at least 3 courses registered in your AIS system, no matter the faculty, degree or credits.   

5. How do I register for my courses?

Exchange students register for the courses they have selected via the Academic Information System (AIS). You will receive the List of courses along with the online registration manual 1 –2 weeks before the start of each registration period.

Schedule of online registration periods:

    1st round: May

    2nd round: June

    3rd round: the first two weeks of the semester

6. Can I take courses in different subject areas and of different languages?

Yes. You are allowed to select courses in different subject areas and of different languages, however, only from our List of courses. It is important that you consult with your home university about your course selection and only register for courses that are listed in your Online Learning Agreement (OLA)/Learning Agreement.

7. What if the course of my choice is FULL?

Each course at EUBA has a limited number of places available for registration. This number is determined by the respective faculty.

If a maximum number of students has been reached, you can either select another course or contact the respective teacher to request permission to enroll. Please note that there is no guarantee that you will be given an additional place.

8. How to proceed when subjects overlap (lessons at the same time)?

In such a case, it is necessary to replace the subject with another one.

A consultation with the teacher is also possible, but there is no guarantee that the teacher will be able to change the timetable and/or accept you to the course without any supplementary work.9. When will the course schedule be published?

Course schedule is published 1 – 2 weeks before the official start of the semester. You will receive it by e-mail.

10. How do I sign up for an exam?

The exam registration procedure varies from one course to another. You can register for an exam online via the AIS platform, in person, or without doing anything (in this case you will be automatically registered), depending on your teacher’s requirements.

11. Is attendance mandatory at EUBA?

Yes. You are expected to be regular and punctual in class attendance and to fully participate in the course. Information about minimum attendance requirements and related issues will be available at the beginning of the semester and provided by the teacher.

12. What about the accommodation? Can I stay at the EUBA dormitory?

Students with visa duties are offered accommodation within our capacities.

Unfortunately, due to capacity reasons, we are not offering accommodation for the students from EU at our dormitories, however, we suggest these accommodation facilities: Student House, Mlyny Dormitory, Slovnaft Dormitory, or you can choose an apart mention Airbnb or Flatio. There are many groups on Facebook offering flat renting or websites such as erasmusu.com and your buddy will be more than happy to help you after the nomination and application procedure!

13. How long does it take for an ISIC card to be issued?

Once all required documents are sent to us prior to your departure, your ISIC card can be picked up shortly after you arrive at EUBA (usually during the Welcome Week).

For those who apply for the card after they arrive, the card will be issued in 5 – 7 days. More information can be found here.

14. When will I receive the schedule of sports activities?

The schedule of sports activities (free of charge) is usually available after the compulsory registration of Slovak students, 3 – 4 weeks after the start of the semester.

You can take part in the sports activities of your choice without signing up for them.  Simply present your ISIC card (issued by EUBA) or EUBA Student Card and you are all set!

15. How do I get a buddy?

You can apply for a buddy by ticking the corresponding box in your online application. You will be assigned a buddy by the Erasmus Student Network EU Bratislava. Do not hesitate to contact them by e-mail if you have questions about the buddy program. More information can be found here.

16. Do I need to visit the Center for International Relations prior to my departure? If so, when?

Home universities usually require confirmation of stay from their Erasmus+ students. You are required to come to the International Mobility Department to de-register your stay in person. The confirmation of stay can only be issued not earlier than three days before the end of your study at EUBA. If your home university requires its own form to be filled in, please bring this form with you when you visit our office.

17. How will I receive my Transcript of Records?

A scanned copy of your Transcript of Records will be sent to you and your Erasmus coordinator by e-mail 4 – 6 weeks after the end of the semester. It will list all the courses you attended, grades, and ECT credit points during your exchange at EUBA. We will also send your home university the original hard copy by post should you or your Erasmus coordinator so require.

18. What are the English proficiency requirements and do I need to document my proficiency?

Good command of English is important to study at EUBA as an exchange student. On commencing your studies at EUBA you should have acquired English language skills equivalent to level B2 according to the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR). However, you do not have to provide proof of your proficiency by a certificate e.g.: IELTS, TOEFL, etc. A confirmation from your Erasmus coordinator will be sufficient.

19. Does EUBA accept free mover students?

The Free mover enrolment at EUBA is currently not possible, we do not currently provide it to students and do not accept foreign students under this program.

20. How can I apply for the National Scholarship Programme (NSP)?

Please send the following documents to incoming@euba.sk:

  • Motivation letter
  • Curriculum vitae
  • Proof of English language proficiency

Applicants then apply online by submitting all supporting documents at www.scholarships.sk by the following deadlines:

  • 31 October at 16:00 CET for the summer semester of the current academic year
  • 30 April at 16:00 CET for the next academic year

For more information, please refer to the official web portal of the National Scholarship Programme of the Slovak Republic.

21. How can I top up my ISIC card to use it in the canteen?

IBAN: SK60 8180 0000 0070 0007 4423


SPECIFIC symbol: 7777

22. Where can I find my personal number?

When you log in to your AIS system, on the left side, click on HUMAN RESOURCES -> LZ003 Personal data -> a window will pop up -> AiS2 ID (usually 7 digits number) is your PERSONAL NUMBER which you should use as a variable symbol so the money you will transfer will be assigned to your ISIC card.

23. How can I order my lunch in the canteen at EUBA?

1. ONLINE through the university website canteen DOLNOZEMSKÁ or Bufet V2 (located on the EUBA campus), canteen Ekonóm (located at the dormitory Ekonom):


your username and password: your PERSONAL NUMBER - if it does not work, please wait, it shall be working anytime soon.

2. When you attach your ISIC card to the machines located on the premises of EUBA (your buddy will help you to find those) you can choose the meal