This was the fourth time now that volunteers from the University of Economics in Bratislava (EUBA) had taken part in the largest corporate volunteering event in Slovakia - "Our City 2022" (OC'22) featuring the slogan "Let's make our cities a better place to live!“
Every year this corporate volunteering event provides its participants with a choice from among a number of activities organized by NGOs, schools, nursery schools, local institutions or the general public. To buy the necessary materials and equipment for the volunteers, the organisers receive a grant from the Pontis Foundation.
In the 16th year of the OC'22, which took place on 10 June 2022, the EUBA volunteers helped to revitalize the grounds of the DOMKA - Salesian Youth Association, center Bratislava, Mamateyova Street in Petržalka. They removed weeds and garbage from the playgrounds and painted sections of the perimeter fence.
In doing so, the volunteers considered all the positive reasons why it is worth to take an active part in the Our City project:
- exploiting an opportunity to participate in novel and entertaining teambuilding activities,
- providing specific help to those most in need,
- creating a positive corporate culture,
- being part of a positive change not only in one's own surrounding but in the whole country at large,
- developing creative skills,
- supporting talent and creating space for innovation, and
- helping others increase their well-being and satisfaction with their lives.
The fact that the number of participants from the EUBA keeps growing and that the EUBA participants seek to help in ever increasing numbers is attested by positive responses from all parties concerned.
On behalf of the Ethics Committee of the UE in Bratislava, being the event's co-organiser, we should like to extend our heartfelt thanks to the co-organisers from the DOMKA on Mamateyova Street as well as to our EUBA volunteers for their excellent teamwork yielding excellent results, and we are looking forward to the OC'23 event to be hosted again by our neighbours in the DOMKA grounds.