The University of Economics in Bratislava, Dolnozemská cesta 1, Bratislava follows the Act no. 382/2004 Z.z. on experts, interpreters and translators and on the amendment of certain regulations registered in the list of experts´s institutions qualified for expert´s activity in the field of Economics and Management of Companies and in Economics and Management, and, in the list of expert organizations qualified for expert´s activity in Economics and Management.
The operating workplace for the expert and educational activity of the Institute of Economics of the University of Economics in Bratislava is a department at the Bratislava Business School of the University of Economics in Bratislava. It provides the development of expert´s opinions and expertise in the valuation of assets of a company, its parts or individual assets, both based on orders from business entities and on resolutions by public authorities. At the same time, the University of Economics in Bratislava as an expert body cooperates with the Ministry of Justice of the Slovak Republic in the process of setting up new legislation in expertise and in the organization of specialized examination for experts in the field of Economics and Management.
The main missions of the University of Economics as an expert´s institute:
- fulfilling the function of a branch and methodological center in the field of expert´s activity.
- providing the Ministry of Justice of the Slovak Republic with assistance in carrying out expert´s examination of experts, control activities, educational, methodological and consulting activities.
- performing expert´s activities by fulfilling the mission of an expert body in solving particularly difficult cases requiring scientific assessment, in the following fields: Business Economics and Management (Industry: Valuation and Evaluation of Businesses) and Economics and Management (Accounting and Taxation, Controlling, Finance).
- providing educational activity in the field of expert´s activity.
- providing scientific research focused on the development of science in the field of expert´s activity.
- cooperating with the Ministry of Justice in drafting legislation on expert´s activity.
The Expert Institute elaborates the valuation of the assets of companies as assets for various legal acts:
- purchase and sale of corporate assets,
- money and non-monetary deposits in business,
- raising the company's capital,
- valuation of and trading in shares,
- banking (credit) operations,
- determining the overall rate of a company,
- valuation of a business after a merger, integration, division, or transformation
- evaluating expected business earnings for business purposes,
- determining the liquidation value of the company upon termination of business, bankruptcy, settlement, and others.
The Expert´s Institute also draws up expert´s opinions for the purposes of calculating damages and lost profits, price calculations, tax and accounting disputes, etc.