The Bratislava Business School
Contact:Bratislavská Business School
Ekonomickej univerzity v Bratislave
811 06 Bratislava 1
Phone: +421 2 5930 2101
The Bratislava Business School (BBS) is an independent unit of the University of Economics in Bratislava (UEBA).
Its role is to educate leaders for the business world. It aims to provide quality education comparable to what is offered at the best institutions in the world in keeping with international standards. Offerings are oriented towards clients not only from Slovakia, but also in the global business community.
It provides top-quality education in the fields of economics, finance, marketing, law, and management. The programmes and courses are organised according to the needs and requirements of companies, organisations, publicly-administered bodies, and so on.
BBS offers the following programmes and courses:
1. Master of Business Administration (MBA) programme in English is offered in conjunction with Franklin University in Columbus, Ohio. During the 20-months of study, students complete ten modules focused on Business Environment, Human Resources Management, Marketing Management, Management and Economy, International Management, Operational and Project Management, Financial and Account Management, and Corporate Finance and Strategic Management. Graduates are awarded an MBA degree from the United States.
2. Study programme: Economics, Management & Property Valuation, provided by the Expert Institute (a part of the BBS), is a specialized two-year programme geared towards training professionals - experts in economics and management. Upon successful completion of the programme, participants are awarded a certificate.
3. Course: Professional Minimum for Experts, Interpreters, and Translators is also provided by the Expert Institute. After having completed the one-week course successfully, participants are awarded a certificate.
4. Our Specialized Course for Management of Local Regional Government are aimed at increasing professional awareness amongst government leaders, with a focus on the cost-effective use of financial resources as well as on the acquisition of general knowledge. It consists of seven units and lasts seven months. After successful completion of the course, participants receive a certificate.
5. Specialized Courses for Public Administration Auditors is a certificate programme beginning with an introductory course, Control in Public Administration with an Emphasis on Local Self-Government, and continues with an eight-module sequence dealing with topics for the performance of main auditors in public administration. The eight-month programme takes eight months to complete, and participants are awarded a certificate upon its completion.
6. The University of the Third Age, a two-year comprehensive training programme in International Tourism as well as Marketing from the Opposite View, is intended for active people over 50 who are interested in continuing education. After successful completion of the course, participants receive a diploma.
7. E-learning courses are focused on improving participants’ skillsets in the fields of economics, marketing, and management. Participants can choose from the following ten modules, each lasting two months: Management, Marketing, Corporate Finance, Budgeting, Costs and Prices, Personnel Management, Taxes and Taxation, Export and Import, and Banking and Insurance. For the certificate, at least five modules are to be completed successfully.
8. We also offer preparatory courses for university admission examinations. These provide intensive training for prospective students of the University of Economics in Bratislava in preparation for admission examinations in mathematics and the fundamentals of economics, as well as in the English and German languages.
9. The Children´s University of Economics is scheduled for two weeks in the summer. Children between the ages of 9 and 14 attend lectures and workshops on economics, business, IT, and related topics as provided by experienced teachers and practitioners. At the end, children receive a diploma and a Junior-Master's degree from the University of Economics in Bratislava.